IN THIS MOMENT (MAY 30, 2017): EVENTS
June 3-4, 2017
- Saturday, June 3 — 1 p.m.: BARNES & NOBLE (Appleton, WI)
- Saturday, June 3 — 7 p.m.: BOSWELL BOOK COMPANY (Milwaukee, WI)
- Sunday, June 4 — 2 p.m.: ANDERSON’S BOOKSHOP (Naperville, IL)
IN THIS MOMENT: NEWS
- Read about what inspired IN THIS MOMENT, and what Karma hopes readers take away from the book in this Publishers Weekly Author Spotlight interview.
- IN THIS MOMENT was included in Redbook Magazine’s 20 Must-Read Books of Spring! Here’s what they had to say: “Another captivating read by Karma Brown, IN THIS MOMENT will have readers thinking long after they finish the last page.”
THE CHOICES WE MAKE: NEWS + EVENTS
- THE CHOICES WE MAKE is a Globe & Mail AND TORONTO STAR bestseller!
- “Karma Brown delivers emotional punch with infertility tale” TORONTO STAR review
- “A first draft is like a first date” THE GLOBE & MAIL
- Love audiobooks? THE CHOICES WE MAKE audiobook is now up for pre-order — listen to an excerpt!
- IF IT WASN’T FOR MY SISTER I WOULDN’T BE A MOTHER — my very personal essay on surrogacy in Redbook Magazine
- Read how we started a family via surrogacy, which inspired THE CHOICES WE MAKE.
- Summer vacation is getting closer, so thanks to SheKnows for including THE CHOICES WE MAKE for their summer reading list!
- Thanks to Redbook Magazine for choosing THE CHOICES WE MAKE as a must-read book for summer 2016 (and for calling me the “female Nicholas Sparks”!)
- My upcoming novel, THE CHOICES WE MAKE, is quite personal for me…watch my interview on Canada AM (from 2012) to learn how my family has been affected by infertility, and the gift of surrogacy!
- THE CHOICES WE MAKE is a Spring/Summer Publishers Marketplace Buzz Book!
- Canadian Authors for Indies Day (April 30th): Thrilled to participating in this amazing event — I’ll be at Eat Your Words in Bloor West starting at 10am, and at A Novel Spot in the Kingsway at 3pm, so please pop by to say hello! Also, here’s a short post about why I love indie bookshops.
- Chapters Burlington (May 7th): Mother’s Day event (1 pm – 4 pm) … please pop by to say “hello” and pick up a book for Mom!
- American Library Association (ALA, Orlando, FL June 23-28): Book signing and Panel discussion, Historical and Emotional Women’s Fiction
- THE CHOICES WE MAKE celebrates its Book Birthday! (July 12th)
- Indigo Bay & Bloor Signing and in-conversation Event, Toronto (July 14th, 7 pm) *details coming!
- Midwest Writers Workshop (July 21-23, Muncie, IN): Join me for the Women’s Fiction, Deconstructed Intensive workshop!
- The Writer’s Community of Simcoe County (October 16th): guest author for monthly meeting
OTHER NEWS + MEDIA:
- The Balance Project: Find out how I try to strike balance, and why I’m still a work in progress…
- Bucket list, CHECKED: COME AWAY WITH ME listed as one of The Globe & Mail’s Top 100 books for 2015!
- COME AWAY WITH ME is enjoying a fun run on the Globe & Mail Bestseller list — 14 weeks and counting …
- COME AWAY WITH ME is a Globe & Mail bestseller! Canadian Fiction #5 for week of October 24th!
- A FANTASTIC review in Globe & Mail for COME AWAY WITH ME!
- Loved being on Global TV’s The Morning Show, with Liza Fromer, talking about COME AWAY WITH ME!
- Thanks for the shout out Rent frock Repeat!
- Bucket List Contest! My amazing publisher, Mira/HQN, is running a bucket list contest where simply posting your top 10 list items gives you a chance to win one of them! Up to a $5,000 value, how can you not enter this contest? Runs until August 27th.
- Want to win an advanced copy of Come Away with Me? Enter this Goodreads giveaway!
- Come Away with Me was chosen as a Publishers Lunch Buzz Books (Spring/Summer 2015)!
Watch my editor, Michelle Meade, talk about Come Away with Me!
Cover News: The Australian cover for Come Away with Me is here, and it’s beautiful!
- I’ll be doing a reading at World Literacy Canada KAMA Reading Series ~ I’m both honoured to have been asked to contribute to such an amazing, worthwhile event, and terrified at the prospect of doing my first, official reading!
- BookExpo America (BEA) – I’ll be attending BEA in New York City this year, and will be signing copies of Come Away with Me!